I decided to make a part two to my Summer Styling post, this one focusing more on my favorite items of beach and pool wear.
Obviously you have to have a cute swimsuit for the pool/beach! I really like swimsuits that are versatile and can be worn many ways. This striped one from H&M (pictured left) is probably my favorite style because of how many ways it can be worn. It hooks in the back like a regular bandeau style bikini top but because it has those two straps, you can tie it in multiple ways. (Krista Robertson has a video and she shows a similar bikini top (the the 5:03 mark) and ways to wear it!) I’m also obsessed with the scallop bathing suit trend, this one from H&M (pictured) comes in solid black or white.
Old Navy also has this scalloped bikini.
A cute cover up is a must, especially ones you can wear before or after going to the pool or even on days you aren’t headed to the beach. Being able to wear something multiple ways for multiple occasions is key! I found multiple pieces that work as cute cover ups or even standalone pieces that can be layered throughout the year.
- American Eagle Romper: easy summer outfit (pictured left)
- Ponchos: Super cute for a day at the beach, a bonfire at night, and can even be worn all year long by layering it! This poncho pictured above and this one also from American eagle is 50% off! This hooded poncho looks super cute with jean shorts!
- While I’m not completely sold on this pom-pom trend that’s everywhere, I think this beach cover up from Amazon is so fun!
Straw hats are always on trend for the spring and summer. Wide brim straw hats are perfect to keep the sun off your face while relaxing at the pool or laying out on the beach!
- All three hats pictured are from forever21: first hat, second hat, third hat (currently sold out but a similar one from target here)
- Sole Society also has some super cute hats like this one!
Cheap flip-flops are perfect for the pool because they can’t get ruined from the pool water. But that doesn’t mean they can’t be cute!
Of course when you go to the beach, you have to have tote bag to lug around the sunscreen, the towel, to hold your sandals and cover up, and all your necessities.
- Beach, Please!: This is by far my favorite beach tote because who doesn’t love a play on words 😉
- Dorothy Perkins Pink tote: Such a cute pop of pink and holds a lot. Plus it’s lined and machine washable!
- TjMaxx has a ton of cute beach totes, all reversible and super roomy.
6. Cheap Shades
Finally, no one wants to risk losing or breaking their favorite pair of sunglasses at the beach or pool, so it’s important to bring a pair that’s cheap but stylish.
- Nordstrom floral shades (pictured)
- Nordstrom Oversized round sunglasses (pictured)
- Nordstrom mirrored sunglasses (pictured)
- Forever21 round sunglasses
- Retro black square sunglasses