With the new blog look, I’ve decided I’m going to do more beauty posts, hair and makeup related. So like I did with my first makeup post, my first post is about the products I use regularly on my hair. Afterall, those are important to how your hair looks, right? So the first products I use, obviously, shampoo and conditioner. I wash my hair every 2-3 days because it doesn’t get oily very quickly, and if it does, that’s where the dry shampoo comes in.
Now shampoo and conditioner is the one thing I probably change most often. I finish one and then a different one catches my eye so I change. But for now, I’ve been using this TRESemme Shampoo and Conditioner and loving it!
I keep my hair in a towel for about 30 minutes before I move on to putting products in my hair, just so it’s not completely soaked.
I’m not sure it matters the order, but I’m a creature of habit and always put these next four products in my hair the same order every time.
- TRESemme Keratin Smooth Spray (also love the CHI Keratin Spray)
- CHI Silk Infusion*
- Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum*
- Not Your Mother’s Beat the Heat Thermal styling spray (also love the CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection spray)
*These are two products I never really change, the other two, I’ll switch occasionally to try something new.
My hair actually doesn’t tangle very easily but I use the Wet Brush, to brush through after all the products are in. I usually wait for my hair to mostly dry on its own before blow drying it the rest of the way. If I plan on curling it, I’ll blow dry it straight with a round brush using my TRESemme Blow Dryer. (My mom has this blow dryer and I love it so much! Dries your hair super fast and smooth/flat.) For some reason if I use straighten my hair with a flat iron, and then try to curl it, the curl won’t hold. Sometimes I’ll use my Remington flat iron to curl my hair, if I want actual curls. But I’ll use a curling iron to get more wave in my hair. Also, I always do my hair at night. I like to sleep on the curls so they aren’t as perfect and look a little more undone. Sometimes I will touch up the pieces around my face if they become too flat. My favorite curling iron (which unfortunately broke recently 😦 ) is Hot Tools 1″ Gold Curling Iron.
(I’ve been planning to do a “tutorial” post of sorts on here for how I curl my hair with the straightener and how I get waves with the curling iron. It’s pretty simple and I just learning from youtube or pinterest, so for know I’ll just link those: flat iron curls & curling iron waves.)
I don’t really use hairspray because I don’t care if my curls fall out and get loose, but occasionally I will use a texture spray. The Nuance Salma Hayek texture enhancing spray, smells so good. Although while making the post and looking for a link, I’m pretty sure it’s been discontinued because I can’t find it anywhere. 😥 So I guess I’ll be keeping an eye out for a new texture spray. #bummer
Other favorite hair things:
- Dove Dry Shampoo (honestly, some days I just use baby powder instead because it works just as good as dry shampoo but feels better.)
- MetaGrip bobby pins: these are the best bobby pins, they stay in because of the grip at the end and they stay tight and secure.
- Clear Elastics: I use these for braids, I actually prefer the black ones over the clear because for some reason they stretch better and easier.
- Duckbill clips & Croc Clips: use either of these to section my hair when I’m blow drying, curling, or straightening.
- Ponytail holders
- Claw clips